Planning and Preparing for Varicose Vein Treatment
Some 40 million Americans experience some form of vein problem during their lifetime. It stands to reason that you may need to consider treatment options for vein problems at some point. If you’re here, Vanishing Veins Northwest, you may be researching vein treatment for yourself or a loved one.
You may be looking for details on vein treatment, but you want to know how to plan and prepare for your varicose vein and spider vein treatment. Why would you need vein treatment in the first place?
Why is Vein Treatment so Important?
Vein treatment can improve your quality of life, making it easier for you to continue with your regular daily activities. Our board-certified radiologists perform minimally invasive procedures to reduce and eliminate the signs of varicose veins and spider veins. It can also help you avoid more serious complications in the future.
How Can You Prepare for Vein Treatment?
Vein treatments are outpatient procedures at Vanishing Veins Northwest. But, as with any medical treatment, we do recommend that you prepare. Here are a few of our recommendations.
- Medical assessment. We review your medical history and discuss any concerns.
- Check on your medications. Before vein treatments, we review your meds, both over the counter and prescription.
- Drink water. We recommend that you’re hydrated for any procedure, but this is particularly true for vein treatment. Full hydration helps to make vein treatments easier, with faster recovery.
- Eat a balanced diet. Make sure you maintain a healthy diet to help prevent and treat varicose veins.
- Use compression socks. You may have worn compression socks before to support your vein health. You’ll need to wear the socks after your treatment.
- Stop smoking. If you stop smoking, it’s a step toward better health. It also helps you avoid many of the complications and risks associated with vein treatments.
We take a personalized approach to your care and treatment, so we will also discuss additional recommendations that will specifically address your health and wellness needs.
Next Step: Consult with Vanishing Veins Northwest
At Vanishing Veins Northwest, our goal is to help you attain a healthier and more active lifestyle. Vein treatments can be part of the solution, but we take a more balanced approach. We help you prepare for the treatment and consult with you every step of the way to ensure that you can achieve the healthy and comfortable lifestyle you want at an affordable price. Call us to find out how we can help.
Call us at 425-277-8346 (VEIN) to Schedule Your Appointment Today!