Imaging Centers and Outpatient Radiology Assistant Manager / MR Technologist
Seeking a dynamic Imaging Center Manager with significant growth potential. Former or current MRI Technologist certification preferred. Manager helps plan, organize, and direct all aspects of the clinic operation including the development/administration of personnel, business development and strategy, clinical care functions, equipment planning, budgeting, personnel administration, information services, and most importantly customer service for referral sources and patients.
This position reports to the Manager of Clinic Operations and the Practice Executive Director. Exercises assistant supervision over all clinic personnel, and works in concert with Front Office Supervisors, Front Office Managers, Technical Coordinators, and Lead Technologist. Join our high energy team and provide stellar outpatient service. This is a position that has tremendous opportunity for career advancement. Applicants with Imaging Center expertise and an interest in marketing and development will enjoy professional growth and development in this role. The current management team has decades of experience and welcomes new leaders. The imaging centers are joint ventures with both UW Valley Medical Center and Multicare Health System. Vantage Radiology & Diagnostic Services, PS has provided radiology services in South King County for more than 50 years and is comprised of more than 35 sub-specialized providers with a reputation for collegial interactions with our employees and health partners.
- Be comfortable with navigating EPIC for both technical and clerical operations.
- Be able to create modality-specific patient templates.
- Monitor the PET template coincides with Rad availability in Qgenda.
- Opening and Closing slots as needed for staff availability.
- Participate in EPIC advancements and find ways to capitalize on them.
- Learn and become comfortable with navigating the different PACS systems within our clinics. Fuji Synapse and Change Healthcare.
- Assist in interviews and recruiting technologists and clerical staff.
- Know how to prepare HR action forms.
- Rounding with staff while being compassionate.
- Create and manage tech work schedules.
- Manage tech vacation and sick requests. Plan for replacement coverage.
- Be prepared to manage payroll issues.
- Write and provide evaluations.
- Work with your HR Generalist to manage employee grievances. Be comfortable in performing investigatory meetings with employees and Union reps.
- Maintain tech licensure in the HR database. Run monthly reports on tech licenses that will expire. Send the techs reminder emails.
- Have a plan when onboarding new employees. Make sure the appropriate classes are set up ahead of time and be sure to provide the proper access request forms.
- Maintain relationships with your tech traveler agencies.
- Make sure your techs maintain their BLS certifications.
- Perform monthly JCHAO Tracers of all modalities.
- Always be prepared for a JCAHO or DOH Survey.
- Be a liaison to the main radiology leadership team. Participate with them as much as appropriate.
- Understand your union contracts so you manage staff appropriately.
- Create and manage facility repair requests.
- Maintain LiveProcess employee list and messaging.
- Enter and assist in the investigation of safety events in the Safety Event Manager.
- Become familiar with and maintain relationships with all your equipment vendors.
- Know your Employee Health Team and Leave Admin Teams.
- Make sure Techs are maintaining all department equipment checklists per policy.
- Make sure Equipment is properly monitored by the hospital-designated Physicists.
- Participate in the Daily Safety Briefings as needed.
- Coordinate Mock Codes within the departments with the appropriate hospital education teams.
- Participate in both the MRI and Radiation safety committee meetings.
- Works in a collaborative manner with the Front office manager, Lead Technologist, Marketing Director, and radiologists to insure successful operations.
- Identifies issues and opportunities within clinic product lines and makes recommendations regarding these opportunities. Demonstrates planning and communication skills necessary to implement.
- Recommends clinic facility improvements including construction, renovation, and purchase of equipment.
- Performs related work as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Have a working knowledge of health care policies and operating procedures.
- Knowledge of fiscal management systems and techniques.
- Have solid experience in computer systems and applications.
- Skill in analyzing financial data and preparing appropriate related reports.
- Skill in exercising initiative, judgment, discretion, and decision-making to achieve organizational objectives.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with office personnel, physicians and clients.
- Skill in identifying and resolving problems.
- Ability to work creatively with management and department staff to achieve objectives.
- Ability to monitor quality control standards. Ability to communicate clearly.
- Demonstrates the ability for coaching and personnel development skills.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in health or business administration preferred.
- Five years of outpatient radiology clinic experience in “multi-modality” imaging centers. Have the knowledge and understanding of outpatient imaging center philosophy and operating procedures.
- ARRT with a certificate in MRI is required. The addition of a CT certificate is preferred but not required.
- $140,000 per year with rich benefits for paid time off, retirement, medical insurance, disability insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, and CME.
Interested candidates please contact Zada Grant – email@example.com or 253-682-3680