Patient Account Representative Assistant / Office Assistant
This position is responsible for supporting our Patient Account Representatives in resolving outstanding accounts and servicing our patients. Position also supports the Mailroom functions. Some knowledge of medical insurance billing processes is preferred. Qualified candidates will have solid organizational abilities and strong customer service skills.
Employment Type: Full Time, Shift: 8:00am – 4:30pm
Communicating professionally with patients, referring physician offices and facility personnel.
Contacting insurance companies to verify medical insurance coverage
Responding to patient and insurance inquiries and researching and resolving outstanding accounts
Posting insurance rejects/denials to accounts
Answering incoming customer service calls
Filing exams to primary or secondary insurances when applicable
Daily post office and/or bank runs
Preparing checks for deposit
Incoming/outgoing mail preparation and processing
Scanning and filing patient & payer correspondence
Managing incoming and outgoing faxes
Entering patient demographics in ledger and researching missing information
High school diploma or equivalent.
Knowledge of medical insurance billing preferred.
Experience with database program applications including Windows.
Excellent customer service and communication skills.
Experience with Epic preferred.
Experience in Excel is preferred.
– 2 years of previous medical office experience is preferred
– 2 years of previous of data entry experience is required
– Must have strong organizational skills and a high degree of accuracy
– Must be able to work in a fast-paced work environment
– Must be able to meet multiple deadlines consistently
– Must have a great attendance record
– Personal automobile; Proof of bodily injury and property damage insurance coverage required
Click Here to apply, or use the link below